6/12/2023 – Yes, when we are dry, it is very hard to break the pattern. The flow this Spring/Early Summer has not been the best for bringing moisture into the region. That makes it great for keeping the air comfortable, but it also means that approaching storms have not had as much precipitation. Today, things look drier than they did at one time. If we do not get thunderstorms, the most rain we could squeeze out could be a quarter of an inch to MAYBE a half inch. Let's hope we get some storms as the ground and vegetation remains very dry. My yard is looking like hay!
Highs will be in the 70s today with some showers and, hopefully, a thunderstorm. There is a chance that a storm if it occurs, could be severe, especially if you live east of Rt 15. There are no guarantees, though; if it occurs, severe winds would be the biggest risk.
There is another possibility of some showers and storms Wednesday and maybe again on Father's Day.
* Today – Hi 76 Lo 54 – Showers and maybe a storm (90%)
* Tuesday – Hi 79 Lo 56 – Sunny
* Wednesday – Hi 77 Lo 54 – Chance of Showers and storms (40%)
* Thursday – Hi 83 Lo 58 – Sunny
* Friday – Hi 84 Lo 57 – Sunny
* Saturday – Hi 84 Lo 61 – Sunny
* Sunday – Hi 84 Lo 55 – Chance of showers and storms (50%)
The long-range shows a chance of slightly below normal temperatures and slightly above normal precipitation! We can hope!
Have an awesome week, everyone!
(Attached is the NWS outlook for total rain today through Thursday evening! NOT MUCH)